Thursday, July 07, 2005

How an Addict Becomes an Addict

It has been two and a half weeks since I've started my internship and all I've accomplished so far is racking up a huge bill via eBay. That site is seriously addicting. I've dabbled on other shopping sites and have actually purchased a few items there (that I'll be returning shortly -- didn't like the color or material) but only because eBay was not the first site to come to mind when I went in search of something to, uh, keep me busy. How could it not have been the first is what I wonder now. Nothing comes close to what's being offered on eBay and the thrill of the chase (via auctions) is so much more fun. I'm not a fanatic, mind you. Just a girl who loves designer fashions but not yet compensated well enough to afford full retail (isn't that the angst of most gals everywhere?)

So I've decided to chronicle my summer fashion adventures and my thoughts behind why I want to purchase certain things or why I find some things interesting. I also hope that in the process, you, my friends, will be able to find some great items as well to add to your fashionable chic wardrobes. (Please feel free to tell me your shoe and dress size as well as items you've been searching for...maybe I can help find it for you!) My only caveat is that I won't give links or prices to items I've already purchased (unless it's insanely cheap) because well, I just don't want to hear crap about over paying from any of you since items are usually not returnable on eBay (and why would I invite criticism to make me feel bad about my beloved purchases? It's all about self justification, y'all.)

Purchases made so far:
A pair of Burberry pumps from buffaloexchange.com -- actually, its online store is located within eBay. Loved the stitching, the color is beautiful, and the heel height looks reasonable. I can wear it with many things (a true test for "practical" shoes, eh?) I should receive it in a few days. You guys should check this site out. I saw Marc Jacob shoes for $70.00 and you know that's cheap.

A Joseph A. Gold Thread Top from eBay. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap. Like $17 cheap including S/H.

I have one more purchase I'm really excited about but won't divulge it today. It was really expensive and my hands got seriously clammy when I purchased it. Must be what addicts feel like...I think I'll actually sell some stuff on ebay to finance this purchase. Don't get me wrong, I can afford this (I say this knowing some of you got worried for a sec -- don't worry, the price was only 3 digits long --haha) I only feel like it's too indulgent for me to buy given my current status as a grad student.

I also found this pair of vintage YSL sandals: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3984375800&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Very cute. And could possibly be dirt cheap -- though I think the price will increase significantly since there's still 3 days left the in the auction. It could also be too big for me (7 OR 7.5? Risky) Most I'm willing to pay...hmmm maybe $25?

1 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Welcome to the blogging world, sister! :) I still find it absolutely hilarious that you have a blog specifically for your shopping adventures. That's hard-core, man.

July 10, 2005 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home